We are excited to announce that the 9th annual Digital Commonwealth conference will take place on Thursday, April 2 at the Hogan Center at Holy Cross.
The conference will feature keynote addresses by:
Clifford Lynch, director of Coalition for Networked Information
Dan Cohen, Executive Director of the Digital Public Library of America.
The following breakout sessions have been planned:
- Introduction to the Digital Commonwealth - Sadie Roosa, WGBH & Elizabeth Thomsen, NOBLE
- Copyright Issues and Libraries - Emily Kilcer and Kyle Courtney, Harvard University Libraries
- A Brookline Children's Photo Album, 1882 - Ken Liss, President, Brookline Historical Society
- A Peak Under the Hood: A Digital Commonwealth Systems Update - Steven Anderson & Eben English, Boston Public Library
- Preserving the Showers Of Information: Tools of the Trade - Nancy Y. McGovern & Kari R. Smith, MIT Libraries and Chris Lacinak, AV Preserve
- The Policy Cycle - Diane Brenner & Ed Lewis, Worthington Historical Society and Kelcy M. Shepherd, Frost Library, Amherst College
- Packaging Collections for Public Consumption - Sara Slymon, Brookline Public Library and Elizabeth Thomsen, NOBLE
- Publicizing Digital Collections On Social Media - Joe Keefe, National Archives and Records Administration, Boston, Kayla Hopper & Lauren Hewes, American Antiquarian Society Nadia Dixson, City of Somerville Archives
- Rapid Fire Inspiring Projects: A series of lightning round presentations from member institutions
In addition, metadata specialists from the Boston Public Library will be on hand for consultations.
Not sure if your organization is a member or not? The member directory is available online.
|| Before 3/23
|| After 3/23
Reminder: If your library (or organization) is a member of either NOBLE or SAILS you are eligible to register
for the conference at the members rate.